Thursday, April 9, 2009

Just Another Day in Egbert Land

So today was spent preparing for the Eggstravaganza and getting ready for Alex to move in. This new chapter that is about to unfold in our life is sudden and difficult to grasp but I am looking forward to it. I can not believe how much my life has changed in the last year! My friends & family are the most incredible people in the world, I am so thankful to have so many people in our lives that truly love us and do so much to try and support us!
Our day was pretty lame, at one point I was in the kitchen with a hair dryer trying to get Jello Jigglers out of their molds. It was truly pathetic. I think that one of the circles of hell is where you are forced to take Jello Jigglers out of insanely intricate molds. In other words the Jiggler dream has been abandoned and the cupcake baking has begun!
For the sake of the blog I did force myself to take a photo, though it did not turn out to be the greatest, a picture of the girl is always good for a smile :) Haley got to use her mesh food thingy-a mesh bag attached to a handle that you can put soft foods in the the baby can gum at and eat through the mesh. She ate pear chunks and loved them! Afterwards she was a happy, but VERY sticky, little daughter! We love her so much - she fills every day with joy! Alex came over tonight and we sat down and talked about how to handle the upcoming transition. We told her we want to support her and help her through all the emotions she must be feeling. We went over our expectations of her and she was agreeable and said she felt happy with our expectations and was pleased she would be able to move in. I told her that She is the sweetest girl! To top it off (and I am getting a little choked up), I asked her if she did her homework at the table and when she pulled out her notebook she showed me a certificate she got today at school, the "A Team" for getting a 4.0! What an incredible young lady!I am happy that we can offer Alex the love and support she needs. I am so blessed that I have a family that loves and supports me. I have been blessed by having an incredible family. Although my life has thrown me a few curve balls throughout the years, I have been blessed to always know, without a doubt, that I have a family that loves and supports me - this has given me the strength to deal with the pitfalls and become the person I am today. Roy & I are so grateful that they have opened their arms and offered that same love and support to Haley and now to Alex. We send our love to both our families and THANK YOU for always loving and supporting us.

1 comment:

  1. We're crying. You make us so proud! Love all you guys!

    ReplyDelete