Friday, April 10, 2009

Another Busy Day!

Oh my gosh I can not believe the EGGSTRAVAGANZA is only a day away! Today was spent doing more preparations for the big event! I made 5 dozen cupcakes, and 4 dozen sugar cookies (that did NOT turn out correctly - instead of a tray of bunny shaped cookies I had a tray of one huge cookie, I cut shapes out of the cooked cookie, but it just isn't the same!) I stuffed candy and prizes into eggs, made a prize basket and cooked my deviled eggs! It was SO egg-citing! After a day filled with baking (Grandma Egbert came over to help) the whole family went over to have dinner at Uncles house. Uncle made meatloaf & cobbler - we were spoiled! It was Henry's birthday so even Henry got to enjoy the fabulous dinner! Alex was super impressed. Uncle got her a little basket of Easter goodies and she was BEAMING! When we were driving home told me that she thought RJ was so cool & nice and that he told her that she "Was always welcome in our family"...she told me it almost made her cry she was so happy. She said it was nice to finally feel welcome somewhere. I love seeing her so happy! When we got home she noticed that I had framed her "A Team" award and was absolutely ECSTATIC, she said "I feel so special!" I let her know that she is special and I am very proud of her. I am glad she finally feels supported. She is such a fantastic young lady - I am glad she is a part of our family.

1 comment: